Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Art in Government Documents

So, as some of you may know, I am a graduate now. While I plan on continuing my education, the degree I have certainly benefits me in my path to self improvement. But it can also help me on the job. Now what, may you ask, could a BA in English possibly do me in the business world? Well, I'm glad you asked, because not too recently I was put in the position of alerting the top brass at my workplace of an illigitimate policy. I had to do it in writing. As my work largely consists of processing documents, my manager agreed with the policy, and I had already taken my scheduled breaks, the longer it took me, the poorer my performance rates would be for that day so I had to work quickly. Luckily, I had just graduated the week before, so I knew I could do it. Now, keep in mind that the sensitive information had to be censored out (I do work for the government) but I believe my writing shines through the censorship:





No comments: